The annual celebration of this beloved and much anticipated global event officially began yesterday with Pope Francis’ inauguration of Laudato Si’ Week during the Sunday Angelus prayer from St. Peter’s Square in Rome.
You can see a recording of the live broadcast with Pope Francis here.
The entire week of 22 to 29 May is filled with inspiring local and global events, motivational broadcasts and webinars, and amazing individuals just like you coming together with Pope Francis and with people from around the world in the spirit of integral ecology.
Today’s Global Event
- 10:00-12:00 Rome time (16:00 Manila, 18:00 Sydney): No More Biodiversity Collapse: Rebalancing Social Systems with Nature
Today’s Side Events
- May 23 – May 24: Artivism Workshop in Jinja, Uganda
- 19:00 to 20:30 Central US time (20:00 Eastern, 17:00 Pacific time): Laudato Si’, The Intersection of Spirituality and Science
For a complete list of global events and to learn how to host and register a local event, visit LaudatoSiWeek.org/allevents/.
As you join with individuals and communities from across the globe for Laudato Si’ Week, we invite you to rejoice in this eight-day celebration in whatever ways best refresh, revitalize, and represent where you are in your unique journey towards integral ecology.
- If you haven’t already, register today to receive the latest information about Laudato Si’ Week: LaudatoSiWeek.org/
- Check the Laudato Si’ Action Platform often throughout the week as stories, prayers, and experiences are shared.
As always, we thank you for your active participation in this week of celebration and all that you give through your presence.