Ecological Economics, one of the Laudato Si’ Goals, calls on us to help build an economy that protects all creation. In particular, Catholic institutions are encouraged to consider divesting from fossil fuels and any other activities harmful to the planet and people and, instead, make positive impact investments in sustainable production and consumption methods that protect the dignity of workers and support circular economies.
Many institutions are curious about how to get started. During Laudato Si’ Week, FaithInvest will host an event to explore how institutions are aligning their investments with their values and share a library of resources for further study.
Join FaithInvest along with An Tairseach, UISG, USG, AMRI, and Laudato Si’ Movement for this thought-provoking event on Thursday, 26 May, at 15:30 CEST / 14:30 Ireland time.
We invite you to join us as we discuss and explore:
- Guidance and ideas on investing in line with Laudato Si’, and the new resources and potential support available;
- Positive stories of what different groups are doing now locally and globally, and inspiration for others to do more with what they have;
- Generating communities of people who are willing to go further and develop new investment solutions in line with Laudato Si’, with the ongoing support of FaithInvest; and
- The momentum for wider changes on climate finance within the investment world.
14:30: Welcome to those joining online: Introduction to the afternoon
14:35: The Story of An Tairseach and the courageous response of re-investing assets to align to earth care mission and Laudato Si’
- Hosted by D Lorna Gold, Faithinvest
- With remarks by An Tairseach and Sr. Colette Kane OP
14:45: Musical interlude
15:00: Panel Discussion: Investing in Laudato Si’. Prophetic examples and practical approaches on how congregations are already engaging with the Laudato Si’ Action Platform
- Hosted by Nana Francois, Faithinvest
- Speakers TBA
15:45: Laudato Si’ Action Platform and Launch of the Laudato Si’ Investor Hub
- Elizabeth Garlow
16:30: Laudato Si’ Movement
16:35: Conclusions, Wrap up, and Networking
Host: Faith Invest and Laudato Si’ Action Platform
Co-host: FaithInvest in collaboration with AMRI, An Tairseach, the Laudato Si’ Movement, Laudato Si’ Action Platform and USIG JPIC Commission